At MBBC, we believe the church matters. The Bible teaches that part of loving and being committed to Jesus is loving and being committed to His bride, the church. We believe that Jesus loves and cares deeply for His church, and that the church is the primary means by which God has chosen to glorify Himself and make Himself known. Therefore, the church is the key to advancing the kingdom of Jesus Christ.
At MBBC, we also believe that membership matters. As we begin to understand God’s plan for His church, it leads us to commit ourselves to a local body where God’s purposes can be expressed practically. It is in committing to a Bible teaching, Christ exalting, and kingdom advancing local church that we learn to love Christ and others.
1. Fill out and turn in a Membership Interest Form.
2. You will be paired with someone from the Membership Matters
Team who will ensure that you find your place here.
3. Attend a Membership Matters Class.
4. Be introduced to the church body as being involved in the
5. Officially be presented to the church at our Semiannual
1. Because we are committed to the mission of Christ. It is important to clarify that we have not committed ourselves to this process to keep
people from joining! We are committed to this process because we long for people not only to join the membership of the church but also to join the mission of the church. Membership is about partnership, and this process insures that you
understand and are committed to what Christ
desires to do through His church.
2. Because we are committed to the people of Christ. We want to know you, know how we can minister to you, know how we can pray for you, and know how we can shepherd you with all diligence and care. This process allows us to be as faithful as we can to minister to each individual in specific ways for the glory of Christ.
You will also have an opportunity to ask questions about MBBC and interact with the staff and leadership of MBBC.
As a member, we do not expect anything of you that the Scripture does not command. But because membership in the local church is really a matter of partnership with the local church, we feel it is important to clarify what is expected of every member.
If after reading and praying about membership, you want to join MBBC, please submit a Membership Interest Form.